Thursday, October 31, 2013

Regarding my recent post(s) on facebook.

       Now that I have had a few days to get my thoughts together, and due to primarily not being able to sleep currently, I decided to go ahead and write down my blog regarding my statement on facebook the other day.
        At first, I wasn't sure if I wanted to do this in video or not, but quite frankly, it's too damn cold to go outside and film this, and everyone in the house is asleep, so that leaves me with typing this out ( so bear with me ).
        Firstly, my new diet and exercise regiment has not gone as planned at all yet for the month of October. In fact, even though I have attempted to get it up and running, but it's been a rather stressful month. As many of you know, I hate drama, and so therefore, I will not go into any SPECIFICS, but suffice it to say, I hate drama. Adults acting immature and like little kids quite frankly annoy me. Secondly, people who are so manipulative that when it's time for them to step up and be an adult, and deal with life; and only want to pass the buck off to someone else, annoy me. That is all I will say about this issue. Another issue is that shortly after I started this new journey, we finally got authorized to move. Meanwhile, attempting to move, I also had to work, and my wife was co-coordinating a party that was just this past weekend. So, the moving has taken roughly the full 30 days that we were authorized to move from one location to the next. So, my gym time had to suffer because if I was at home, and didn't have time to help move, but had time to go to the gym... well, that is not directly fair to my wife. Nor would it have been fair had I been too sore to help her move because of being in the gym either.
        Second issue I wanted to talk about: I have allowed myself to basically go to the way side for quite some time. I know why too, that is the sad part. However, as of right now, I will not go into exact details to the issue. But this issue has caused me to drink more beer than I am normally used to, and so therefore I have been consuming a lot of empty calories, and therefore I have put on some weight. I weighed myself last night and I am up to 213 lbs. As of right now, I am going to forego any and all beer until 31 Dec.... New Year's eve. I have already given up hard liquor, but I am still not 100% free from it. I just have cut my consumption back by 99% I'd say. I've also quit using smokeless tobacco, and have gone to using an e-cig type tool. Thanks mostly to the support of my wife, and my good friends over at X-treme Vape. So, to quit using smokeless tobacco after 11 years, and only inhale basically flavored nicotine, and exhale water vapor, I am extremely happy with. To give up hard liquor was a challenge, but then I fell back on to beer. Which,  ironically I went to hard liquor after my surgery cause I knew beer would make me bloated and add weight back on.... lol. Again, what matters the most is being able to recognize the issue, and be at least willing to admit the issue / problem and then resolve it. That, to me, is how winning is done. Not sitting around blaming other influences as to why you ( or myself included ) have problems.
         Third issue to discuss: My diet. As of right now, it has SUCKED... SUCKED SUCKED SUCKED. However, starting 1 November... this friday... day after today, a little bit less than 24 hours away, my diet is going to go back old school. I am taking my diet for the first 30 days or so back to a time where it worked for me. I am going on the diet that I have given so many of you to jump start your diets and bringing you online into the world of losing weight. I've lived it once, I've preached it multiple times, and so therefore I am not above re-living it again. It's gonna suck, I know it will. It sucked the first time I did it, I know it sucked for just about everyone of you that I gave it to, and so it's gonna suck now. However, it needs to be done. Im talking about the all you can eat salads, fruits, veggies, and water you can handle. Additionally, all the tuna / white fish you want, plus protein shakes. These are going to be my main staples for the next 30 days. I'll have a cheat day once a week ( most likely mondays ), and I am going to be incorporating chicken as well, but for the most part, my day to day meals will be salads, tuna / white fish, and water. For my caffeine intake, I will be relying heavily on caffeine pills, and the caffeine that will be in my fat burner supplements, coffee too will play a role.
         Fourth issue: I have some goals set in mind, aside from the ones that I have already announced as to why I am doing this new journey. These are goals that I would love to announce, however out of respect to certain elements, I will not yet do so, if ever. But, they are opportunities that I am really excited about, and ones that I hope come to fruition.
           Fifth issue I wanted to talk about: Supplementation. Currently I am rather covered with supplements.... sort of. The one I need the most, I am covered on the least. LOL!! There is a new version of the current Fat Burner that I am taking that I can not wait for it to hit the shelves so that I can try it...But anyways, when it comes to supplementation, make sure you do your research. Don't be afraid to ask around and see what others' are using and trying. Find out what works for them. It's kind of like what I've been telling everyone that's every asked me about supplements. I might like Dodge's, and I've never had a problem with them, however, you may be a Chevy fan, or a Ford fan. That's ok, the vehicle will still get you there. Having said that, I am also currently under going an experiment with regards to supplementation and changing things. To see if the results are better or the same.
          Well, now that I have gotten all of this out in the open, I feel a lot better about myself and I am really excited about 1 November. My deadline of May 18th will stay the same to accomplish the goals I've set out. In all reality, the only thing I've truly lost was 2 weeks ( effectively ). Another reason why I wanted to get all of this off my chest is to prove and show to everyone out there, that I too have to work just as hard as you have had to, or currently do in your diet and exercise regime. I am not free from messing up and having to suffer the consequences of such. I do not own a free pass just because I had my surgery. Now, and for the rest of my life it is about maintaining. So, lets all do this together, follow along side of me, and I will be there for each and everyone of you; cause believe it or not, each and everyone of you have been there for me....


Shane

No comments:

Post a Comment