Tuesday, October 8, 2013

first few days

( PLEASE NOTE::: FROM HERE ON OUT, UNLESS I SPECIFICALLY SAY SO, I REPEAT, UNLESS I SPECIFICALLY SAY SO, all my exercises in the gym will be with Fat Gripz Extreme )



   So, the first few days of any diet, or life altering change are always the hardest, regardless of how often they occur ( ie on season, off season, on diet, off diet )... so too is true with me.
   
    Last Sunday ( really early in the morning, like 1 am )  was my first time in the gym in a long time, and I can tell you, it felt like going home for thanksgiving supper. I felt a quiet voice say to me " welcome home ". Odd to most, I know and understand, but it was real. I dropped my weight a lot in the gym and went with what I thought would be a good starting point. For this iteration, I did chest and tricep exercises. I did dumbbell presses, started at 20 lbs, and eventually worked up to 35 lbs. I did 3 sets of 10. I also did 3 x 10 of 35 lbs butterfly's. I did tricep cable pull downs at 35 lbs ( 3 x 10 ), and tricep extensions at 15 lbs ( 3 x 10 ). I also did inclined bench press at 65lbs for 3 x 10.
      By the time I was done in the gym, and not even get to the shower, I was sore as hell. I mean I was HURTING... so I know I did something right. I live for that pain.. My diet was Swai fish and veggies. I love Swai. It is a great white fish, and I get mine at the local wal-mart in the freezer section. I also had a sensible salad throughout the evening.

     Monday is my cheat day. Always has been, and most likely always will be. Reason why is because it's my first day off from work ( unless I'm working OT ) and I have an opportunity to just veg and eat what I'd like. Well, this monday was a bit more special, but no different than any other Monday. It was the wife's birthday, and so we celebrated. And threw my diet out the window lol..
       Now it is currently Tuesday night, and my diet pretty much suffered. We spent most of the day moving from our current house to our new house ( literally next door ) No time to prep food, no time to cook specific food, and if any of you who are readying this have ever moved in your life, you will understand.
Although today was not spent in the gym, I did get an opportunity to lift some heavy objects, and I was up and about moving, which to me is a lot better than just sitting on my laurels and doing nothing.

     All in all, I feel really good and positive about this challenge and I know I will be successful in accomplishing what I have set out... I am just so humbled by y'all reading what I'm writing and watching what videos I'm making... please don't hesitate to expose my blogs and vlogs to your friends, you never know, I just may talk about something that they are looking for!

No comments:

Post a Comment